Return on Investment ROI
The National Association of Home Builders estimates that an outdoor kitchen can add as much as 130% of their cost to the purchase price. Other creditable sources believe in an even higher return on investment than any other product in the “outdoor renovation” product category. CNN Money, About.com and Remodeling Magazine support that outdoor kitchens nationally return 100% to 200% of the improvement cost. As with any improvement, the ROI (return on investment) formula works providing you design and build a kitchen that is proportional to the home value and location. The initial cost of outdoor kitchens varies from $10,000 on the low end to $50,000 or more, depending on the layout (size of outdoor kitchen), materials, quality of stainless steel components chosen, and upgrades such as built-in LED Lights, stereo systems, and fire features.
Benefits of Outdoor Kitchens
If you’ve never considered before an outdoor kitchen, after you own a home with one, you may wonder how you ever entertained and enjoy cooking outdoors without it.
- Outdoor kitchens offer the opportunity to cook outdoors while being surrounded by family and friends. It’s a great way to socialize and not feel ostracized inside while everybody else is outdoors enjoying the weather. It becomes the place where memories are created: Holidays, Birthdays, Special Events… year after year!
- The outdoor kitchen becomes one of the focal points, while extending a home’s living space.
- Cooking outside keeps the heat out of your home, which should reduce your utility bills, during the Summer months. It reduces the need to run back and forth to the home, since everything you need is in one place.
- The house stays clean. Typically clean-ups outdoors are simple and fuss-free, just sweep or wash off the patio afterward.
- Owning an outdoor kitchen makes more enjoyable to stay home. When preparing your meals, you can control the quality of ingredients. Some foods just taste better cooked outdoors. Whether it’s a lobster, a clambake or a plain hamburger, nothing really beats a grill for flavor.
- Most of all, outdoor kitchens are fun. While enjoying being outdoors, relaxing in a lounge chair, or perhaps to watch somebody else do the cooking.